Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mt. Hermon Christian Writer's Conference

No matter who you are, if you write, you are not a "normal" person. It is not at all unusual to make your eyes water form staring at a computer screen for too long - though everyone thinks you're crying. And more often than not, you talk to yourself, though its not yourself, its your characters - those people who seem to live in your head?

You're not alone, I promise, and Mount Hermon is one of the best places for a Christian writer to realize this.

For five days, writers have the opportunity to get to know one another, sympathize and perfect their craft of writing under the mentorship of others. As for me, during the past two years, I have gotten to know names like Sarah Sundin, Lauraine Snelling and Mona Hodgson. Suddenly, these names don't feel so lofty. These people aren't celebrities any more. They have become my mentors and friends.

This year at the conference, I took away many things that will help me with my writing, but more than that, Mount Hermon has honored me with "The Most Promising Teen Writer Award." I pray that this won't go to my head. God's been doing some work on my pride and this award has made me feel completely overwhelmed and blessed.

Thank goodness Allison's story has changed so much from what you may have read in my previous blog posts. My writing has changed and hopefully improved plenty since those posts. (thanks to mt. hermon) Someday you can see just how much and judge for yourself. But for now, this is my attempt at encouraging you, if you enjoy writing fiction... or even non-fiction, whether you are a teen or adult, beginning, mediocre or accomplished, to consider attending Mt. Hermon Christian Writer's Conference next year.

In His love,


No comments:

Post a Comment